These add-on stirring vanes are designed to be installed at home, to upgrade your Model T Starter, or to upgrade the Model T Advanced to the Model T Pro level. Designed to insert into the bearing of the Model T Starter or the Starter component of your Model T Advanced with precision tolerance and then secured with locking collars. Installs in 5 minutes or less with a simple allen wrench (not included). Simply turn the crank by hand to more effectively remove chaff, break up the heat mass, and to make cooling more efficient. Angled blades creates a continuous wave in the coffee, lifting and stirring the middle of the coffee mass from edge to edge, assisting in removing chaff and allowing heat to be removed quicker. Note that these vanes are designed to sit at a height above the mesh of approximately 2 beans thickness. It might seem counter-intuitive, but it actually provides a far greater cooling than if the vanes were placed down on the mesh in a sweeping fashion, like you might think they should be.
Stirring Vanes shown in operation inside the Starter cooler.
- Sturdy food-grade stainless steel.
- Manual Hand-crank.
- Ergonomically designed and balanced to allow for easy manipulation.
- No electronics to fail, simple mechanical operation provides years of operational life.
Notes to be Aware of:
- As a result of the fact that the bearing must be pressfit into the starter, all starter coolers shipped after May 15-2013 will include the bearing assembly pressfit and welded into the starter which will enable the addition of vanes at a later date by you. While this was unforseebale initially, any starter coolers previously sold will not be compatible with the vane addon. Please contact us for vane upgrades if you have a Pre-May 15, 2013 Starter cooler and wish to have the vanes installed and we will have an upgrade program for you so that we can perform the upgrade in the shop.
- Generally ships in 1 week, however expect up to 2 weeks for delivery as supply levels sometimes vary.
- Free Shipping
- Please expect 7-10 business days to ship as these coolers are custom built upon order.
RK "Model T" Stirring Vane Upgrade $70